GMC Conference – Medical Professionalism Matters – 6th December 2016
The DSG was represented by its president.
A number of concerns had been recognised:
- Lack of time and support for reflective practice.
- Professional isolation.
- Poor communication.
- GMC and Medical Schools Council should focus on understanding medical professionalism.
- Medical Royal Colleges and GMC should work to reinvigerate continuing professional development.
- GMC and employers should support a greater emphaisis on reflection, personal development and quality improvement.
- Increase patient involvement.
- GMC and other regulators should intensify their efforts to promote a culture openness, learning and candour – a supportive culture.
- Intense pressure on the profession needs recognition and it should be more acceptable for those struggling to ask for help.
Some thoughts from the recent meetings;